Welcome

On a side note different from my "about me", I just want to say thank you for checking out my blog. I hope you find something helpful. Or if you just enjoy reading about how my life has been lately, that's fine too.

Oh, and please click on any of the buttons around here. They lead to some very awesome other mommy blogs.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

My first diaper cover!

I made my first diaper cover! I'm pretty proud of it too. Other than the fact that it is too big for either of my boys. Haha. Its an ok size for Nathan, but still a little big. I posted an In Search Of on a message board and a very kind lady sent me some fold over elastic and a pattern. She helped me out so much. She sent me 8 different colors/prints of foe! So I did a little practice sewing with some of the foe. It went pretty good. Then I thought I'd try making a cover. I didn't want to dive in and use my PUL yet. So I decided I'd make a fleece cover. I made a double layer fleece cover. The wonderful lady also sent me some touch tape so I could add closures to the diaper. She's great.

So here are the pics:
closed diaper
013.jpg picture by katienbaby

inside of diaper
014.jpg picture by katienbaby

cute outside
016.jpg picture by katienbaby

And finally, the tag that I got when I ordered tags for
my grandma. This was an extra : )
0282.jpg picture by katienbaby

I'm really happy with how it turned out. I can't wait to use it. But who knows when that will be. I think it will work really good for a night time cover. I'm looking forward to buying more tags and making my own covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment